Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Evie

Lorelai Evelyn Victoria Petersen
May 24th 2010- December 15th 2010

May of last year 2 cute baby girls were born 15 days apart. These girls from the beginning were best friends. When we put them on the ground by each other they would move until they were touching. It was not enough for them to be just next to each other. As the mom of one of these two girls it was amazing to watch the two of them to interact with each other. On December 15th a call came that no one wants. The other baby had passed in night. There would be no more time here on earth for these to little girls that had become so close. No more time to talk, and play with one another.No more time to grow and learn together. The days that followed were difficult and if not for the reassurance from a loving Heavenly Father that all was the way it should be I am not sure how all of us would have made it through. I have never planned a funeral program before this was very difficult.
I remember the last night that we saw Evie. She came around to all of us and got all of our attention. Looking back I think that it was her way of saying goodbye. I got to babysit Evie and her brother and sister on Wednesday's. I had a ton of fun with all of the girls and Jack. Evie was fast to figure out how to move around. She was close to crawling and would probably be walking by now. I am very thankful for the opportunity that I had to get to know this special little girl, and look forward to the day when Adalyn and Evie are together once again.

No comments: