Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was eventful for us this year. We welcomed Adalyn Kate Petersen into the world that morning. Ellie was very excited to have another sister. Claire was not as excited. She glared at the baby and mom when she arrived at the hospital. Claire loves her sister now and can't get enough of her.
For those that would like some of the details they are below the pictures.

We arrived at the hospital at about 7am . They got me all settled in and checked my progress. I was a 4+. I remember thinking I have been awake since 3 am and I have gone from a 4 to a 4+. After another hour they checked me again and I was a 7. They called my doctor to let her know that she needed to get to the hospital. When she arrived she broke my water and it was time for a baby. Adalyn's heart rate kept dropping. Laurie found that the cord was wrapped around her neck and her body. So we had to get her out fast. By 8:30 am we had our little girl. This is the 2nd birth that I have done natural. My doctor said she kept forgetting that I was not on drugs because I was able to hold a conversation in between contractions.

5 comments:

Rae said...

Don't you LOVE Laurie?! I MISS her so bad. That woman makes me want to have ten kids. :)

How awesome that you gave birth on Mother's Day--so appropriate. Your girls are just gorgeous!

The Perkins Gang said...

Your girls are so cute--I saw the pic's from the photographer on facebook and LOVED them!! Congrats--so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Sounds like the birth went very quickly! I made an appointment to switch my care over to Laurie so I'm excited to meet her.

Welcome to baby Adalyn!

Lise said...

Hooray for little girls! I am so jealous that you get to deliver with Laurie, she is so amazing. So when you said you had to get her out quick, did that involve forceps or you just pushing super hard? I am glad that you have had a good experience with natural childbirth, I think after 3 natural I won't do it again though!

Rachel said...

She now shares her bday with Krystens oldest Jessica. What another beautiful baby. What are her stats? Congrats!!!!